Thursday, July 10, 2008

The day after the exams !

Since May I have been waiting for this day…the day my exams get over. I am at home now staring forlorn at the computer screen and the thoughts that are crossing my mind is “Will I clear all papers this sem? Will I get good marks?? And the next second I am like “What the heck ? exams are over….. Shouldnt I be happy and enjoying it?

I thought this day would bring me immense relief and happiness. But I don’t know why I am feeling so emotionally drained. The happiness and joy that exams are over is not there. Is it because that my shock has still not receded after facing those deadly torturous VTU papers? Or is it because of facing all the emotions like panic ,nervousness ,tension ,excitement ,dreadfulness ,relief ,a few rare occasions of happiness if the paper is easy ,the uneasy queasy feeling at the beginning of each paper ,guilt of not preparing well and anger targeted at the university for setting such hedious papers aaaall at the same time? I don’t know….I realllyy don’t know.

Are all VTU students feeling the same or is it only me? Like some unemotional zombie? I must find out…I have to know to retain my sanity…! I discuss this empty-emotions-in-me problem with my friends and they also come up with similar versions and I am relieved a bit.

The next day at college I meet all friends and classmates and we all have similar stories to tell. Then somebody rightly remarked “ We are ¾ th engineers now…that too from VTU …..so cheer up! This is normal ! “ . We all were silent for a moment and re-realized this bitter truth that had been forgotten and we all had a hearty laugh ! and I realized “hey! I am back to normal , I am feeling happy and I am ACTUALLY laughing and so are others ! “. Thank god ! We are all normal again ! We have undone the effect that VTU had created on us !

And wow the holidays are actually here . so friends I am back to normal ! So I will end this blog and come up with more cheerful ones . Seeya later!

And to all my VTU friends….EXAMS ARE OVER ! NO USE WORRYING OVER IT.

SO BETTER ENJOY NOW !

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

HAVE A BLAST!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey!
first of all(i forgot to wish u ;) )HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!:)...everyone feels the same, post-exams....and u have put it across beautifully...its as though u r reading our thoughts aloud!v r waiting desperately for the movie review..let it come soon!!:)

Anonymous said...

hey abhi..

Good one! as sou said its just the thing hovering in our minds too.. pre and post exams we were exactly with same emotions!
but as u said we better start enjoyin now for this is the only oppurtunity n god knws if we will ever get anything called "Holidays" again.. happy holidays!!! :)

Abhi Ananth said...

hey thanx gals....
movie review coming very soon :)