Monday, August 29, 2011

Effect of a vacation !

Today I was dragging my feet to go to office after a blissful vacation of 2.5 weeks but the day was nothing as I thought it would be. It was infact the opposite and after a long time I really enjoyed being in office. Things that made my day were -


1. The sense of awe when I saw the beautiful camups of my office with all water fountains fully functioning after such a long time.
2. Colleagues and project mates greeting you with a smile and saying "Welcome Back" !
3. Friends bombarding you with Hi's and questions as soon as you log into your system.
4. Meeting another bunch of friends for lunch and they abusing you for not getting them anything from the place where you went for vacation and immediately demanding a compensatory treat in a 7 star hotel.
5. Mail from Infy scrabble captain saying that I was selected for Infy Scrabble team after playing so many rounds of games.
6. Irene after all did'nt damage NY much as expected and hence no extra work burden from onsite !
7.107 unread mails(thankfully fwds) in my inbox to read !
8.Meeting friends again for snacks and the start of the usual teasings and arguments !
9. Finishing substantial amount of work.
10. And leaving office early with a sense of satisfaction and contentment !!

0 comments: